There are a number of good incontinence videos on the internet. I (Nurse Nancy from IDiaper.com) have compiled them in this article so that you can watch what you need. We will cover
- Types of Incontinence
- Causes of Incontinence
- Treatment of Incontinence
- Stress Incontinence
- Urge Incontinence Tips
- Fecal Incontinence Causes and Information
- Kegal Exercises.
Feel free to scroll down watch just what is most applicable to you. I've outlined what each video is about.1. Four minute video that is an overview of incontinence. This is from the show "Doctors". It covers embarrassment, an incontinence overview, stress incontinence, urge incontinence, both stress and urge, how women have incontinence more often, loss of estrogen and how it contributes, kegel exercises, men and incontinence, and dietary changes that help.
2. Two and a half minute video on Urinary Incontinence - types, causes, and prevention. This video covers an overview, a types of incontinence overview, stress incontinence, urge incontinence, overflow incontinence, functional incontinence, causes overview, temporary causes, aging, damage, enlarged prostate, cancer, prevention, and adult diapers.
3. Four minute video by Prevail on overview of incontinence and also incontinence products. It covers risk factors, family history effects, daily patterns that you can keep track of, what to tell your doctor, types of incontinence - stress, urge, and overflow. How stress incontinence works, how urge incontinence works - also called overactive bladder, overflow incontinence and how it works, causes of overflow incontinence, treatments both with your doctor and without, incontinence products, what incontinence products to use, the problems with just using feminine hygiene pads for incontinence, and odor control.
4. Two minute video on Stress Urinary Incontinence in Women. This video covers an incontinence issue organs overview, sphincter, pelvic floor muscles, pregnancy causes, brain causes, etc.
5. Eleven minute video on stress incontinence. This is all about stress incontinence, including understanding, definition, organs and pelvic floor, what stress incontinence is and what it is not, different things that cause a person to lose liquid. Other types of incontinence: stress, urge, mixed, functional, and total. It covers how common incontinence is, the quality of life and social implications, the effect on society and the individual, how it occurs - pelvic floor weakness, major causes, the fact that childbirth is the main cause, menopause and estrogen and how helps create, the effect on sex, and evaluation with your doctor.
6. Five minute video on urge incontinence. 6 things to avoid if you have it. Diet is very important. Avoid caffeine, spicy foods, certain medications, aspartame (use honey or agave syrup instead), alcohol, and citrus fruits.
7. Two minute video on the causes of bowel incontinence. This includes surgery, pregnancy, diarrhea, diseases, spinal chord injury, radiation, stroke, Alzheimer, how there is usually more than one cause, diagnosis, the importance of checking it out even if you’re embarrassed, and testing for causes.
8. Four and one half minute video from the Mayo clinic on fecal incontinence. This video discusses how common they see the condition as, causes, diagnosis, keeping comfortable while discussing it, dietary treatment, kegal exercises, surgery, devices, bowel diary and devices, and information about surgery. If you want to have advanced surgery, this video talks about some of the methods.
Kegal Exercises are exercises to strengthen a man or woman's pelvic floor to overcome or improve incontinence. Kegal exercises are highly recommended by all urologists and other doctors for incontinence, both urinary and bowel. Doing these exercises can reduce or sometimes even eliminate an incontinence problem. There are a lot of good articles and videos on this, below is just a sample.
9. Nine minute video on Kegal exercises for women. It's about finding and feeling your pelvic floor muscles. It's perfect for beginning women with incontinence.
10. Six minute video on kegal exercises for women. This briefly explains how to find your pelvic floor muscles and some great exercises you can do to strengthen the pelvic floor.
11. Five minute video on kegal exercises for women. Specific exercises you can do.
12. Five minute video on kegal exercises for men. This covers knowing where muscles are and what men can to exercise them effectively.
Feel free to comment about how these videos were useful or about other videos that should have been included in this article by filling out the form below: